Semi-Annual Tag Sale
Heirs of a long tradition of women's associations in the Presbyterian Church, a group of dedicated volunteers twice weekly fellowship during which time they receive, sort, and repair items donated to the church. Known as the Nifty Thrifts, they hold semi-annual tag sales which raise money for the ministry and mission of the congregation. Our tag sales are held
- each spring in late April (see our calendar for exact dates)
- each fall on the weekend after Columbus Day (see our calendar for exact dates)
Items can be dropped off inside the church office Monday - Friday during regular office hours. Please come in the red door marked "office" in the parking lot. Items left outside the church will be discarded.
- clean, gently used, clothing for men, women and children
- luggage, pocketbooks, tote bags
- household items, linens, lamps
- kitchen items: glassware, stemware, dishes, utensils, pots and pans, mugs
- electrical appliances in good working condition: blenders, juicers, coffee pots
- artwork, picture frames, candles, baskets
- entertainment and games
We Do Not Accept:
- infant items like car seats, cribs, playpens
If you have questions, just ask.
Some of the items we receive are sold at the Thrift Shop of White Plains, which is housed on the first floor of our chapel. Reputed to be the oldest thrift shop in the country, The Thrift Shop of White Plains is run by the Women's Clubs of White Plains and Scarsdale, as well as the Hitchcock Presbyterian Church in Scarsdale and the White Plains Presbyterian Church. It is open every Tuesday from 9:30-4:30 and the first Saturday of every month from 9:30-4:30.